Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Potted Plant


I rarely leave town anymore. Word gets around. You need someone to look after your pets, your plants -- and I hear from you.

A garden I was asked to water. Plants in the ground and plants in pots. The potted plant (top) is robust, with a powerful root structure. It will be a bush one day. And in getting there, it will shatter its container. A case of Nature over Culture. 

Must it be put so -- crudely? A Levi-Straussian binary. Cinema is more than a place where films are shown, just as a pottery is more than a place where pots are made. Both are social spaces, and with that comes discourse, exchange. We leave talking not only of the film or the pots but of other things not unrelated. 

The plant was potted in a pot that will make its transplantation difficult. Like I said, I rarely leave town anymore,

No comments:

Post a Comment