Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Walking on Sunshine


We knew the day was coming: a full sun on our weather apps. Darkness for breakfast, then sun-in-your-eyes skies as I set out on foot for downtown.

Crazy to walk all the way to the West End to walk once more with an epic walker, but I did, and like the wounded (for all that walking!) I returned home on public transport, where people plonk down across from you and lower their masks (off their noses) because "I just ran for the bus. I can't breathe. Gimme a break, will ya! Sheesh."

Down Bute, along the Coal Harbour seawall around Brockton Point through the trees to the Aquarium past the Lagoon to Second Beach, English Bay, the Denman Place Inn for incredibly low-priced but within-their-expiry-date vegetable chips at the Dollar Store ...

The picture up top is my circa 1969 re-creation of DDR arborist Jonas Müller, known for refusing to "escape" the East after many opportunities (some designed to test his allegiance), but most notably to build a domed rainforest biosphere for Prince Faisal ibn Abd al Aziz ibn Saud.

Photo by Maegan Hill-Carroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment