Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Robert Hughes Memorial Blog Post: "This event is in the past"



Is there a post? Sometimes there isn't it. Sometimes I don't have it in me. I have some pictures I took of Cornelia Wyngaarden's At Face Value retrospective at ECUAD's Libby Leshgold Gallery last Saturday (its last day), and could post those, but the pics are dull, lifeless. My pics. 

Thinking the gallery might have some better pics, I went looking online, but nope, "This event is in the past," according to the ECUAD website, and the one it did have -- the sickle still from the installation Apollo's Kiss/Matricide: an allegorical landscape (1992) -- I've linked to.


Wyngaarden hasn't made a lot of art (objects) in her lifetime, and after her 1998 VIVA Award told us she would no longer make art unless her projects received arts funding -- this from someone who once taught ECUAD's Professional Practices course, so you know she knows what she's talking about, dammit. You have to take her at face value.

No comments:

Post a Comment