Sunday, February 13, 2022

Super Bowl LVI



Today is the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday. A day known for a litany of things, all of them written by a sport I once thought we would see the end of in my lifetime, but has proven to be America's most dominant, given its perfect proportion of violence to money, and that is football. American football, as the English call it.

I do not watch football, but I try to watch the Super Bowl because it is "live" and anything "live" is of interest to me. All those cameras scanning the Bowl, all those people watching on their televisions, computers and phones for something they haven't seen before, something they don't want to miss, something they can tweet about: hostage-taker in the yellow toque be like cuckoo for cocoa puffs lol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment