Wednesday, June 16, 2021

WWI Female Tank


As many of us climb out of our self-isolation trenches, I remain entrenched, happy for now in my chair when not standing, cooking or on my knees in the garden.

Because there is only so much reading and writing one can do, I purchased a model kit, a tube of glue, some paint and five brushes. 

The "Mark" series were a range of tanks invented by the British Army to break the stand-off known as trench warfare. Within the series there were "Male" tanks (outfitted with two rotating six-pound guns) and "Female" tanks (outfitted with four less flexible Vickers machine guns). Tanks armed with both six-pound guns and Vickers machine guns were known as "Hermaphrodites".

For my part, I will endeavour to assemble, paint and display a "Female".


No comments:

Post a Comment