Saturday, June 19, 2021

Boxed Pictures


Recently I was asked by an elderly neighbour to help organize a box of miscellaneous photographs. My job was to hold up a photograph and, once identified, place it in a pile based on its location. Once the pictures were gathered I would record what my neighbour had to say about each place and, "in your own voice, write something up."

I had my doubts whether my neighbour would recognize where these photographs were taken, but I was wrong. All were recognized, including one I was convinced was not Catania, Sicily (which I have visited), but West Vancouver, as taken from atop the sand cliffs at UBC, looking north.

The picture up top was taken in Catania, the picture below an aerial photo of West Vancouver taken about 10 miles east of UBC, looking west.

No comments:

Post a Comment