Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Models of Learning


Saturday's post of the Handley Page model set off a yearning I get every ten years or so to return to my ten-year-old self and build a model. Thinking I might stop into a model shop and pick up the Handley Page kit was easier said than done, as the model, I was told, "is between production cycles, but feel free to look around while I check with our distributor."

So look around I did, awed to be in a room with so many models. But some of these models, my god! What's billed as "Afghan Single Storey House" is in fact a ruin authored by war. No matter which way you look at it.

And just so no one thinks it is the non-European Theatre where today's wars are taking place, here is a ruin of a postmodern Polish Bank building from -- which war?


No comments:

Post a Comment