Sunday, March 19, 2023

Property Management


A camelia was tried in this spot but was shaded by a small fir I trimmed to look like a ball on a stick. After moving the camellia closer to the house (where it thrives to this day), I planted a spiky conifer in its place.

When my neighbour wanted to get rid of the false cypress between our properties, I took it with the idea that I would plant it where the conifer stood. I moved the conifer to a spot amidst the heather, which it looked good with but, because it was on a slope and never held the water I gave it (transplanted during the heat dome summer of 2021), it failed. To help the false cypress, I cut down the fir, eventually feeding its pieces to the pizza oven (built during the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic).

In the fall after the heat dome I planted the snowdrops and crocuses you see pictured up top, and some narcissus. That's where things stand today.

No comments:

Post a Comment