Friday, November 11, 2022

Khan Lee, Equinox Gallery, Nov. 26 - Dec. 24, 2022


The Equinox Gallery is on my trapline and sometimes while walking I devise a reason to pop in to see a show everyone knows I'm seeing for the fourth time. Fortunately the staff are well-trained, and for my neediness and the guilt that comes with it, punishment comes once indulged.

"What's up after Devon's show?" I ask, and Sophie tells me it's Khan Lee. "Great!" I follow her around the corner where Khan has installed an outsized wall bracket that turns the second floor of the gallery into a shelf, the gallery into a cupboard, and us -- into silverfish?

"There," Sophie points, and I see that instead of large screws fastening the bracket to the wall (and ceiling?) it is an expressive mess of "normal-sized" screws that returns us to the scale we've grown accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment