Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Berry Bear, Pine Bear, Honey Bear


I was taking an armful of Bishop's Weed to my recycling bin last week when what should come cartwheeling down the lane but this fascinating example of children's art, now magnetized to my refrigerator door. There is so much going on in this picture -- to say nothing of how and why it sought me out -- I had no choice but to keep it. But where did it come from?

Yesterday, while walking back from an afternoon meeting at Matchstick, I discovered its source -- in the lane behind Tim's house. Was this something Tim had dumped there, the drawing the work of his now adult son Dexter? Not likely, because Tim is far too good a neighbour to do something like that. More likely a bag of someone else's stuff that someone else had torn open and sifted through.

No comments:

Post a Comment