Saturday, July 24, 2021

Jonathan Wells


Jonathan Wells is a performance artist I know and whom I associate with two other artists I met back in the mid-1990s: Brian Jungen and Geoffrey Farmer. For a time these three were inseparable, with Jonathan the most ribald; but over time Brian and Geoffrey left Vancouver, and Jonathan stayed.

Yesterday while touring an old friend through Vancouver galleries we stopped by Justin Ramsey's Interior Infinite exhibition at The Polygon, where Jonathan works part-time at the gallery bookstore. After introducing the two, Jonathan leapt from his chair, grabbed a catalogue from the shelf and flipped it to a page he had memorized."This," he said pointing to a picture of himself, "is what I looked like when I was young, lithe and beautiful." 

No comments:

Post a Comment