Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Westin Bayshore Objet d'Art


As far back as I can remember 2352 West 41st Avenue was Oh Brothers!, a craft shop that specialized in handmade ceramic pots. Then a string of used clothing stores until a year ago, when the new owner switched to books, CDs, DVDs and knickknacks.

I was there last week and came upon a 5"-high mass produced ceramic vase(?) -- what looks like Vancouver's Science World but has "The Westin Bayshore Vancouver" impressed on its underside.

The tag said $5, and that seemed reasonable. When I took it to the till the owner said it was donated from Refind (on Main Street) "and," he added, "let's just peel off my tag and see what they were charging. Ah, they wanted twenty for it!"

A funny thing to look at, but I'm sure I'll get bored with it eventually, like the last person who had it. Maybe I'll give it to Neil Wedman for Xmas. Seems up his alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment