Tuesday, November 17, 2020

"... the only thing left to people in their despair is reading"


Yesterday, while waiting for my prescription to be filled, I walked west to Tanglewood Books to see what's new in used. More Woody Allen DVDs and Michel Houellebecq novels than usual. Not nice men as men go, we are told, but this did not deter the nice man who acquired them for his store.

I purchased Allen's Zelig (1983) because I have always wanted to see it, and because (I bargained with myself) the film came out before Allen and his now ex-girlfriend Mia Farrow's daughter Soon-Yi Previn took up with each other. I purchased Houellebecq's Submission (2015) because I have always wanted to read it, and because the price was so low the owner was practically giving it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment