Saturday, August 12, 2023

How I Spent the 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop


Epic day at the beach, Third Beach, just north of Second Beach, the family beach, which in turn is north of English Bay, which would be called "First Beach" if it wasn't for the tourists.

Arrived by foot from Helga and Robert's, just north of Davie and a couple blocks east of Denman, where we picked up some chicken kabobs and an eggplant dish at Zeitoon, to go with Helga's Greek salad, humous ...

Walking through the park at Second Beach. In the near-distance, the allowance between the ground and the bottom leaves of the trees that line the seawall, a modernist ribbon window to the water, and above that water, the bluff that runs from Kits to UBC. I point this out to Helga, and she says, "You're noticing things, that's good!"

We'd settled in by 1330hr with a couple of dips into the beach's too warm waters. Hard to concentrate at times with every second person's ass hanging out of their bottoms, if you can call the lower section of a string bikini bottoms. "Helga ...." "I know," she'd say, "I'm here too."

Everything about our work was discussed and, out of nowhere, it was 6pm and the walk back. After parting I continued on another ten blocks to Burrard Station, whose train took me to Commercial and Broadway, then another ten block walk to my place, where it was too warm inside for my overheated body, so a cool glass of wine in the garden, under the solar lights of my butterfly bush, waiting for them to ignite.

Here are the lights at 2050hr:


Here they are at 2051hr:



No comments:

Post a Comment