Friday, July 21, 2023

A Chapter Shared


Last week I was shown a chapter from a manuscript by the spouse of an acquaintance who left the world too early, though not before mostly completing something that so far feels important to someone who doesn't air out his life on the platforms either, who has, inadvertently or otherwise, fashioned restorative rituals of his own.

Tucked within this chapter, near the end of it (or was it near the end of my reply letter to the author's spouse?), is a quote from Rumi that I had never heard before but makes so much sense to me at this stage in my life:

"The desire to know your own soul will end all other desires.”

Not the knowing, of course, but what lies behind it, the impulse, the need. I feel so much better knowing that. A chapter from a book I look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment