Thursday, June 29, 2023

Diego Harpitisto & the Chiaroscuro Players


The weather had been at 24C for a couple hours by the time I set out for my 6pm meeting. Some typically awful, high temperature driving going on, including the person who was not turning right onto Kingsway when that was possible because their head was down, their fingers texting. I honked, and it was like feathers exploding. Same thing thirty seconds later, when I honked again for the same reason. 

Eventually the driver entered onto Kingsway, and because it was more than safe to do so, I did the same, having to pass the driver because they'd suddenly slowed down, for whatever reason, which I'm guessing from the conversation at the next set of lights included taking my picture (to post on their platforms under the heading "RUDE"?).

My commute wasn't a total write-off. Mount Pleasant's Dude Chilling Park featured one of the finer one-chord jams I've heard of late. Distorted guitar, harp and vocals run through a small Pig Nose amp, and this clean-signaled bongo box warming up the underside. I'd say it made my day, if not erased the worst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment