Saturday, May 14, 2022

Proportions


I'd been reading about this guy. Part of the invasive species invasion. Like those tropical fish people "set free" in urban lakes that eat everything except themselves.

The way things are going, we'll end up with one fish, one plant, one insect and one bird, which may well be a bat, with none of us around to argue that a bat is a mammal.

While I was looking at the sign a mom sidled up with her six-year-old. "See," she said to her son, pointing to the sign. "If you see one, tell me," and then she smiled at me, and the boy seemed confused. 

"Are you scared of this creature?" I asked the boy, and the boy trusted me enough to whisper yes, he was.

Still smiling, the mother nodded for me to continue.

"Well, don't be too scared," I added, "because the real beetle -- the real beetle is only half that size." 

No comments:

Post a Comment