Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Bathroom Reading



Rolf,

Thanks for the copy of George's Writing and Reading. Perfect for bathroom reading -- and I mean that in the best possible way. Brief pieces. A book for those who don't read blogs.

Couldn't find a credit for the cover photo. Was it Alex W-H (as well)? I assume so.

Have to make sure I place the front cover down after reading this book. Don't like going into the bathroom and seeing George staring at me from the cistern, peering out from the shadow of his hat brim, awaiting his cape at the cleaners.

And what's in his hand? It looks like a microphone (George taking a break for the sax solo?) It's too tall for a cane -- unless it's Ryan Knighton's cane. Or maybe George is sitting on the toilet, like I'm about to. But if so, a bit over-dressed, dontcha think?

After thanking Fawcett for catching the fallacy in 9x11, he wrote back: "I think I’m turning into a guerilla epistemologist—I want people to understand the logic by which they claim to know things. Having to stare down the reaper every day has its rewards (Nov. 23, 2019)."

I wonder what George is turning into, if indeed he's turning. Not away from the reaper, but into it -- as imagined by Armani.

No comments:

Post a Comment