Sunday, August 11, 2019

License



Last night I had another of those market society nightmares. This time it was a search engine data collection agency asking those of us who have ever gone online to pay a fee to keep our logs (after our death) from those willing to pay almost as much to license them.

No biggy, right -- our data has already been purchased and put to use by those who stand to gain from it. But the difference here is that those looking to buy our logs (they refer to us through the primary resource extractive term "loggers") intend to make those logs available in the form of programming.

In all my time growing up I never once thought that, after my passing, I would "return" to life in the form of a posthumous (television) channel. And that if I didn't want that to happen, I would have to pay someone to keep it from happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment