Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Red Cloth



On Friday March 4, 2016 Dana Claxton performed Follow the Red Sinew at the Belkin Art Gallery. At the end of the performance, she gave me a piece of red cloth, which I tucked into a red folder and filed on a shelf devoted to Vancouver art and artists.

After Dana and Skeena Reece's on-stage conversation at last Sunday's Vancouver Art Book Fair, Dana asked if I still had the cloth, and could she borrow it for her VAG show. "But it opens on Friday," I said somewhat incredulously. "Yes, I know," said Dana smiling, "so I'll need it soon."

Because I was out most of yesterday I had told Pauline, Dana's assistant, that I would leave the cloth on my porch. Not on the chair, as it says in the picture, but under its cushion, which I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment