Thursday, December 24, 2015

from A Christmas Carol (1843)





Yes! and the bedpost was his own. The bed was his own, the room was his own. Best and happiest of all, the Time before him was his own, to make amends in!

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.’ Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. `The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh Jacob Marley. Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this. I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees.’

He was so fluttered and so glowing with his good intentions, that his broken voice would scarcely answer to his call. He had been sobbing violently in his conflict with the Spirit, and his face was wet with tears.

`They are not torn down.’ cried Scrooge, folding one of his bed-curtains in his arms,’ they are not torn down, rings and all. They are here -- I am here -- the shadows of the things that would have been, may be dispelled. They will be. I know they will.’

His hands were busy with his garments all this time; turning them inside out, putting them on upside down, tearing them, mislaying them, making them parties to every kind of extravagance.

`I don’t know what to do.’ cried Scrooge, laughing and crying in the same breath; and making a perfect Laocoon of himself with his stockings. `I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Christmas to everybody. A happy New Year to all the world. Hallo here. Whoop. Hallo.’

2 comments:

  1. Efforts and also respect people more several of them will probably even ask an individual intended for solutions at the way to do your current same are you inspired yet scoot Ageless Alpha ahead put the idea at paper as well as wood it hang that towards the wall along with read the idea just like a lot of times possesses an individual need visualize the new you.

    http://www.healthybeats.net/ageless-alpha.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find Any Deals You can get 70% off on site wide. In marketing, a coupon is a ticket or document that can be redeemed for a financial discount or rebate when purchasing a product. Our aim is to provide 100% genuine deals to our customers.


    https://www.findanydeals.com/

    ReplyDelete