Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cry For Me Argentina



Bruce Chatwin's In Patagonia (1977) is a book I read once a year, usually in the spring or fall. Like another favourite, Thomas Bernhard's The Voice Imitator (1978/1997), the book is comprised of short prose pieces -- 97 in Chatwin's book, 103 in Bernhard's. For me, nothing (else) in Chatwin's oeuvre comes close, not even his best known book, Songlines (1987).

Here is a line from In Patagonia:

I pictured a low timber house with a shingle roof, caulked against storms, with blazing log fires inside and the walls lined with all the best books, somewhere to live when the rest of the world blew up.

1 comment:

  1. to a bar you look I with even know watt Icon walk up to the bar the exact same way is a mine pantomime you see how we're going to get everything tied to watch from the back is when I grab the bar and I put in the position the bar would be well here yeah brother is a I will NO2 Maximusgo like this in squeeze the bar into my body she could see a locked in then your take of everything is the same let it settle

    http://powerpumpxladvice.com/no2-maximus/

    ReplyDelete