Thursday, September 3, 2015

Letters: Michael Morris and Concrete Poetry (2015)



On Monday I visited the Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery, where Technical and Design Services Manager Owen Sopotiuk previewed for a group of us the twenty short films in Maria Eichhorn’s Film Lexicon of Sexual Practices (1999/2005/2008/2014/2015).

Eichhorn is strict that visitors see her films in film form only. Her piece involves viewers selecting a film (from a list of titles that include Japanese Bondage, 2015) then asking that it be projected for them.

While waiting for Owen to set up the projector, I saw the first copies of the Letters: Michael Morris and Concrete Poetry catalogue that I contributed to, and whose exhibition I co-curated (with Scott Watson) at the Belkin in 2012.

Most of the essays in the Letters book focus on Michael and his work, both as an artist and as a curator. For my part I tried to provide a context for what was going on in Vancouver prior to Michael’s arrival, and concluded with where some of today's poets are shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Subscribers because back to the matter is maybe you just have been found yet you know but you may be every bit as awesome is anybody else out there and so just keep that in Omorfirx your hands and if you enjoy making videos make the videos because you like making videos because I mean state I that and that's in my experience what worked for me.

    http://eyeluminousfacts.com/omorfirx/

    ReplyDelete