Thursday, September 21, 2023

VAG Announcement


The Vancouver Art Gallery announced another announcement about its new site inside the Chan Centre for the Visual Arts after its "ground awakening" ceremony at Larwill Park last week. Because I didn't go to the "awakening" I thought I should go to the next announcement -- this one under the VAG's canopied patio and hosted by the new Deputy Director and Director of Curatorial Programs, who, for five minutes, spoke as if what she was scheduled to announce was pulled by the development office at the last minute.

The announcement was at 10.00 a.m. and of course I was early. Never too early for a sunny day, I thought as I wandered Granville and Robson, shocked at how far the downtown shops have fallen, yet at the same time not surprised given that people are doing without "new" clothes and books and jewelry. Sad to see the souvenier shops go. Everything in them was a meeting between someone insisting the buyer could sell it and the buyer settling on a price that balanced the risk.

On the way back I visited the Holt Renfrew portion of the Pacific Centre Mall. What's Prada going with this fall? Ah, black and brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment