Friday, January 8, 2021

Confessional


The pics keep coming, like spores from a dandelion, like the combatants they depict. I am saving the pics that most affect me, which is so far multiple versions of the same incident. One or two will emerge and I will delete the rest, eventually all of them.

Right now, the pic that has my attention is not of the spectacular, beige-trousered "Qnon Shaman", but the one up top: "law enforcement officers" protecting the House Chamber. I have saved a dozen pics of this incident, but so far this is the pic-as-history-painting that speaks to me.

Most jarring is what it looks like, and what it is not: a priest in his confessional, at whom guns are pointed; an inversion that has solved the riddle of how my nightmares work, turning the meditative into the malevolent, and vice versa -- all at once!


No comments:

Post a Comment