Thursday, December 24, 2020

Cheryl Siegel's Seasonal Tree


This time last year was a Tuesday. On that day I posted a picture I took of the "seasonal tree" Cheryl Siegel made and displayed over many Decembers as Vancouver Art Gallery librarian.

Rather than cut down a tree and decorate it, my seasonal tree ritual is to cut Cheryl's tree from the previous year's post and paste it into a new post, with new writing presented beneath it. 

As much as I would like this new writing to announce that Cheryl's tree is the inspiration for the VAG's not-yet-announced, build-to-budget design, I can't -- not even in fun. The VAG has been the butt of too many jokes over the years, and that's not where Cheryl's tree belongs.

Season's Greetings, Cheryl! My best to you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment