Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Cat



A couple months ago I noticed a new cat in the neighbourhood. A short time later, that it didn't have a home.

How do we notice that -- that a cat doesn't have a home? But we do -- we do notice. But how?

A black-and-white cat whose markings provide such pleasant distortions to its cat shape. An abstracted cat -- with legs.

A couple times I spotted the cat in the yard. But as soon as it saw me, it ran away. Then yesterday, while getting my bicycle from the garage, I noticed it curled up under the nandina. I crouched down to say hello, and in not flinching it said hello back.

I would like to be friends with this cat, and I told it so. "I would like us to be friends," I said, loud enough that my neighbour looked up from her weeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment