Thursday, July 4, 2013

"things that go unnoticed"



Jordan Abel is, amongst other things, a "First Nations writer who lives in Vancouver." The image above is the cover of his book of poems, forthcoming from Talonbooks this fall. You can read about it here.

Although I too live in Vancouver, Jordan and I have yet to meet. But we did appear together in the Winter 2013 "Narrative" issue of The Capilano Review, an issue that concluded with his "Argiope glycoside", which is comprised of a prose work on the verso side and a concrete poem on the recto side. His mix of expressive and concretist rhetorics is similar to what I attempted in the suite of five poems I contributed to that issue.

In a recent TCR Blog post, entitled "things that go unnoticed", Jordan spoke of the "Narrative" issue (amongst other things). His interest in my "O" poem inspired me to write the following poem for him:

ROUND PEGS IN A SQUARE(?) HOLE

for Jordan Abel

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment