Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A leisurely cycle through the boroughs this morning. Up Martin Luther, through the Tiergarten to the Hauptbahnhof, where I purchased next week's passage to Documenta. Then the Anthony McCall show at the Hamburger Bahnhof, only to find that the artist has given up the smokey bar feel of filmic works such as Line Describing A Cone (1973) for the digital cathedrals of Leaving (2009) (no kidding!) and the erroneously titled Meeting You Halfway (2009). From there, I crossed into Mitte, where I always feel a chill, to my old stomping grounds along Rosenthaler, where I picked up some dinkel food at the Bio Store and found the Williamsburg/Silverlake Effect in place. Then Hackescher Market, where, for the second time in my life, I was almost hit by a train at that scary hairpin. To Karl Liebnecht, from which the Brandenburger Tor beckoned, its gauntlet of buskers, before escaping to the Tiergarten, to the trails this time, from which I could see nude middle-aged men lying face down on the lawns, reminding me that the Tiergaretn was, and still remains, a male place. Back on Martin Luther, a wrong turn on Litzenburger, then home, where I hung up the laundry to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment