Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A small room above a bay window. A single bed, a table and chair, and a sink. I could manage something larger, with more conveniences, but I could never match the view.

Last night was louder than Hallowe'ens past. Seems a new kind of firework is making the rounds.

M80s, also known as salutes, have been in use since the early twentieth century. They were created by the U.S. military to simulate artillery fire, presumably for training purposes. M80s pack between three to five grams of pyrotechnic flash powder and have been known to take off the finger tips of those who don't know what they're doing.

My biggest concern about fireworks is what they do to pets. I saw evidence of this after breakfast when I tried to coax a cat out from under my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment