Saturday, December 14, 2019

Fold/Line



A recent letter from the Canada Revenue Agency, like those I get from my cable and credit providers, features the two-partition system: the first is the fold in the letter; the second is the cut-off line for the remittance voucher. The fold and the line are 1/8" apart.

Part of me appreciates the difference, the co-habitation of the two systems, the space they make/share. The less patient part (my mother in me) says, No, enough -- align them! (Another family member, someone of the younger generation, might say, What's the diff -- you'll be paying it online anyway.)

The "--" between "enough" and "align" (above) is 1/8" as well. But after I press "Publish", and this appears formatted, it will be more like 1/16". Anything more than that is immeasurable, based on the tools I have at my disposal.

And yes, there are occasions where, like my mother,  I blame my tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment