Friday, February 1, 2019

Castle Oakridge



While killing time at Oakridge a couple months ago I wandered into Westbank's medieval city promotion and saw an area plastered floor-to-wall (there was no ceiling) with local concert posters from the 1980s to today.

"You're interested in the posters!" said the young, well-dressed Australian woman walking towards me.

"Yes," I said. "I was at some of these shows. Though most of the venues are gone now."

"The completed Oakridge Centre will feature four concert stages of various sizes," said the staffer, automatonically.

"How did you come upon these posters?" I asked.

"The posters came from the Vancouver Museum and were curated by local writer and musician Aaron Chapman."

The thought of Aaron patrolling the battlements, bow over his shoulder, peering between the crenels.



No comments:

Post a Comment