Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Indian Dolls



When I was in elementary school (late-60s/early-70s), some of us came to school in our Brownie uniforms (Brownies met after school, while Cubs met after dinner). Of those I know with kids, none attend or attended Brownies.

Yesterday, while walking on Main Street, I noticed The Brownie Handbook in a book bin. I almost bought it, but I am trying to cut down on my book intake, so I took its pictures instead.

Here is the page (74) I was looking for:



Indian dolls

find long and short weeds and grasses

fold them

tie at neck, wrists, waist and legs

to make an Indian grass doll



Indian rattles

cut heavy paper in this design

fold at the dotted lines and paste the sides together

drop in a few grains of rice

tape it to a stick holder

and you have an Indian rattle

No comments:

Post a Comment