Friday, January 13, 2017

Haruko's Sprinkles



Last summer, after curing Evan of a nasty rash on his leg, Haruka contributed a couple dishes to our group dinner, one of which was a version of goma-ae that I had over rice and remains the best thing I have ever tasted.

After dinner I asked Haruko for the recipe and she said, Oh, I'll just send you some one day.

A few weeks ago Haruko contacted me by email and asked for my mailing address. She said she had something to send me.

Yesterday a package arrived, perfectly packed, with just enough tape to keep it from opening. Inside were four glass jars. Organic pickled sunchokes, organic green tomato pickles, curried green tomato pickles and of course her goma-ae, which she calls Haruko's Sprinkles, with its ingredients -- not its measurements -- on the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment