Sunday, November 5, 2023

de Courcys


His name is Johnny de Courcy and I came to know (of) him through an archived performance of the Rolling Stones' "Dandelion" that I included in a 2015 "e-flux conversations" response piece

I met Johnny last night at Pale Fire Projects, where his brother William was playing piano and giving voice to some of The Bible's Psalms. When William wasn't playing, Johnny seamlessly slipped in, took his brother's place. 

What a joy it was to meet these two remarkable brothers, whose sister Anna, a visual artist and designer, I have known for years now, not to mention a father, Michael, who I met briefly while at work on Ruins in Process but know of as a key figure in Vancouver's Intermedia (1967-1973). Michael made an important serial work based on photos of The Lions, or what we more commonly call The Two Sisters today.


No comments:

Post a Comment