Thursday, February 1, 2018

Testimony



Amidst the flow of yesterday morning's routine I followed the "live" tweets of the CBC's Charles Hamilton and Jason Warwick as they reported on the testimony of the murderer's twenty-eight-year old son, who gave his version of what happened after the SUV Boushie was travelling in arrived on his father's farm -- and immediately after Boushie was killed.

Not sure if it was the hastily written tweets, their content, the sequence of events, or all of the above, but I realized at the lunch break that this is not the best way to "follow" a court case, and that I need to take a break too.

My heart goes out to Boushie's mother, Debbie Baptiste, who had to leave the courtroom twice that morning when the evidence and the testimony turned graphic. Up and down, up and down -- the road to justice is a bumpy one, with no guarantees that it will arrive at its destination. If that's not a living hell, I don't know what is.


1 comment: