Friday, June 10, 2011

While looking through my shelves for an epigram I came upon a copy of JAA #6 (1983), edited by Barbara Ess and Glenn Branca. Great issue, with texts by Kathy Acker ("My Death"), Eric Bogosian ("Notes for a Play" [The New World]), Jack Goldstein (no title), Dan Graham ("Rock My Religion"), Jenny Holzer ("Survival Series"), Cookie Mueller ("Route 95 South 1969"), Richard Prince ("Erotic Politicians"), Lee Ranaldo ("God is a Man Standing Still"), and more. Forgot I had this. Or maybe someone snuck it in there.

Here are the second and fourth of Goldstein's pensees:

Light is the gesture of progress; a far-off view of a city at night gives a reading of the pulse of man.

An explosion is beauty before its consequence.

Here is a lesson from one of the editors:

No comments:

Post a Comment